GIMP's website should more usable for boths users and ourselves.
Technical and design concerns
Flow design instead of pages design
Page-load optimized design, with CSS sprites and web fonts for simple icons, if applicable.
State of the art graphic design
- It should be possible to link to every single news item.
- All past news entries should be preserved
Easy to update
- There should be one entry point for editing all pages and news (CMS)
- It should be possible to simply edit any page in the browser (CMS)
- The list of books keeps growing, especially thanks to self-publishers. The Books section needs to cope with that and provide an easy way to choose language of books.
- News might need categories and/or tags.
Before the work on the new site is commissioned to someone, a content audit should take place:
- What pages are not required anymore.
- What pages are missing.
- What pages should undergo a major rewrite.