Resource installer lets you import and install resources. It facilitates mass tagging and allows for installation of any type of resources.
It shouldn't try to be a resource manager, only an importer.
- Where the heck are the brushes/pallets/whatever I just installed!?
- How do I get this brush-pack installed!?
- User initates an import of a set of resources(HOW!)
- a zip pack with multiple types of resources
- a folder with multiple types of resources
- a single resource file possibly containing multiple resources(example: abr brushes).
- User will select resource folders for each type of resource.
- User specifies package level tags and optionally resource file level tags.
- NOTE:Scripts and plug-ins cant be tagged.
- Resources become available in the UI
- All affected resources need to be reloaded.
- Plug-ins need a restart, so if plug-ins were installed warn.
For pack and folder resource sets, user should have an option to keep the subfolder structure IMHO.