From GIMP Developer Wiki
Revision as of 20:25, 3 January 2014 by Scl
This glossary holds definitions important for the GIMP development. These include functional definitions i.e. from computer graphics and color theory, terms from BABL and GEGL etc.
Table of Contents
- A (uppercase) -
- the alpha channel in a color model, for instance in RGBA.
- In babl the alpha value in a color model. If combined with alpha-premultiplied color channels: the alpha value each color channel R, G, B was multiplied with to achieve Ra, Ga, Ba. Needed to get from RaGaBa back to RGB. The same applies to R'aG'aB'aA, YaA, Y'aA.
- a (lowercase) -
- the axis in the Lab color space which denotes the magenta-green component of the image. One end of the axis is green and the other end red. Combined with the b axis, you can describe the hue and saturation of a color. <ref> CHROMiX ColorWiki</ref>
- In babl: marks a color channel to be premultiplied with alpha, for instance RaGaBa is premultiplied alpha RGB
- babl <span id="babl" /> - a dynamic, any to any, pixel format translation library. (Website)