You are looking at the HTML representation of the XML format.
HTML is good for debugging, but is unsuitable for application use.
Specify the format parameter to change the output format.
To see the non HTML representation of the XML format, set format=xml.
See the complete documentation, or
API help for more information.
<page ns="0" title="API" missing="" />
<page pageid="1" ns="0" title="Main Page">
<rev user="Patdavid" timestamp="2018-07-13T21:18:16Z" comment="/* Hot topics and/or very relevant topics at this time */" contentformat="text/x-wiki" contentmodel="wikitext" xml:space="preserve">==Welcome to the GIMP Developer wiki!==
===What is GIMP?===
GIMP is the GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is freely distributed software for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring. It works on many operating systems, in many languages.
===What is this Wiki for?===
On this wiki you'll find resources on GIMP development and hacking, and some frequently asked question like how to report bugs. This wiki will also include tutorials about writing extensions for GIMP, and will include useful information on further extending GIMP. Sometimes, developers may use it for design drafts and such things as well.
===Whose is it?===
This wiki is currently maintained by some GIMP developers, so if you have any comments, feel free to contact LightningIsMyName or Alexia_Death via the the GIMP IRC (irc://irc.gimp.org/#gimp)
===How do I get a user account?===
Join the GIMP IRC (irc://irc.gimp.org/#gimp) and try to contact Alexia_Death, mitch, nomis, prokoudine or schumaml there.
Currently existing namespaces are
* [http://wiki.gimp.org/index.php?title=Special%3APrefixIndex&from=Hacking%3A&namespace=0 '''Hacking'''] for hacking related pages,
* [http://wiki.gimp.org/index.php?title=Special%3APrefixIndex&from=Mindstorm%3A&namespace=0 '''Mindstorm'''] for idea generation.
* [http://wiki.gimp.org/index.php?title=Special%3APrefixIndex&prefix=Release%3A&namespace=0 '''Release'''] for release related pages,
* [http://wiki.gimp.org/index.php?title=Special%3APrefixIndex&from=Specs&namespace=0 '''Specs'''] for attempts at writing specs, planning and
* [http://wiki.gimp.org/index.php?title=Special%3APrefixIndex&from=Users%3A&namespace=0 '''Users'''] for user guides and the like.
Lets try to stick to these. What you have in your user space is your own business :)
Information here is dedicated to all GIMP wiki readers.
* [[Roadmap]] — what features are planned in the future
* [[Documentation:Main]] – Coordination of the user manual and documentation efforts
* [[Users:Tips]] - A collection of useful tips about using GIMP. Some are included in the official tips, and some should be considered for inclusion.
* [http://gui.gimp.org/index.php/Specifications Specifications] Feature specifications by the interaction architect Peter Sikking.
* [http://gui.gimp.org/index.php/GIMP_UI_Redesign GIMP UI Redesign]
* [http://gimp-brainstorm.blogspot.de/ GIMP UI Brainstorm]
* [http://blog.mmiworks.net/search/label/GIMP GIMP UI Blog] by Peter Sikking
* [[Screenshots of the development version | Screenshots of the development version]]
===Hot topics and/or very relevant topics at this time===
Currently our main priority is porting as much of GIMP to GEGL as possible. Finalizing the switch is the prerequisite for starting the work on major new features such as non-destructive editing or layer effects.
* [[Hacking:Plugin registry]] - The future of the Plug-In Registry.
* [[Hacking:Porting_filters_to_GEGL | GEGL Porting Matrix]] — the progress of moving to a new image processing core
* [[Hacking:Porting_file_plugins_to_GEGL_and_GIO | GEGL and GIO porting matrix for file handlers]] - the progress of moving the file loaders/exporters to the GEGL and GIO libraries
* [[Hacking:Porting_filters_to_GEGL/UI_review | UI review of filters ported to GEGL]]
* [[Hacking:Merging lisanet.de fork]] — Let's merge external patches of this release for OSX into GIMP.
* [[Hacking:TODO]] - To do list
* [[Extensions]] - Notes around an internal extension system
===Google Summer of Code===
We often participate in Google Summer of Code program. It's a great source of new dedicated contributors.
* [[Hacking:GSoC]] - Information for potential students
* [[Hacking:GSoC/2014/Ideas]] - Ideas for GSoC 2014
* [[Hacking:GSoC/Future/Ideas]] - Ideas for future GSoC-s
* [[Hacking:GSOC/Archive]] - GIMP and GSoC in the past (projects, ideas, history)
=== Release information ===
Information here is public and especially meant to assist build maintainers and testers.
==== Upcoming Releases ====
* [[Release:2.10 changelog]]
==== Past Releases ====
* [[Release:GIMP 2.8.16]]
* Release 2.8.14 was an urgent bugfix release, released the next day after 2.8.12
* [[Release:GIMP 2.8.12]]
* [[Release:GIMP 2.8.10]]
* [[Release:Misc#Release history|Release history]]
Information here is public and especially meant to assist developers.
* [[Hacking:Developer FAQ|Developer FAQ]]
* [[Index of Algorithms | Algorithms]] - Descriptions of the algorithms used in GIMP and GEGL
* [[Glossary]] - Terms related to GIMP development
* [[Hacking:API documentation]]
* [[Hacking:Problems and solutions]]
* [[Hacking:Tools]] - Development tools and how to use them
* [[Hacking:Patches]] - Submitting patches to GIMP
* [[Hacking:Source Tree]] - Finding your way inside GIMP's source tree
* [[Hacking:Building]] - This page explains common things you should know before compiling GIMP
** [[Hacking:Building/Linux]] - How to compile GIMP on linux
** [[Hacking: Building/Mac OSX]] - How to compile GIMP on the OSX operating system on Mac computers
** [[Hacking:Building/Windows]] - How to compile GIMP on the Windows platform
* [[Hacking:Plugins]] - How to write a GIMP plug-in
* [[Hacking:Code Snippets]] - Root page for various GIMP related code snippets
** [[Hacking:Code Snippets/Script-Fu]] - Code snippets for GIMP's Script-Fu (Scheme) scripting interface
** [[Hacking:Code Snippets/GObject]] - Boilerplate for a GObject in Gimp
** [[Hacking:Code Snippets/Miscellaneous]] - Code snippets for various purposes
* [[Hacking:WarpTool/UI design info]] - Information for the UI design of the Warp tool
* [[Hacking:Developer Meetings]] - Developer meeting logs, agendas, etc.</rev>