From GIMP Developer Wiki
There is a need for a tool to help users migrate their tool presets from 2.6 format to the new to be 2.8 format. For this a python script has been written. It's in early beta so backup your profile before running it. Any bugs can be reported to Alexia Death at #gimp IRC channel on gimpnet or freenode.
Get it here.
How To Use
- execute 'python pypreserport.py [OPTIONS]'
Usage: pypreserport.py [options] Options: -h, --help show this help message and exit -s DIR, --source-dir=DIR source profile DIR (optional) -d DIR, --dest-dir=DIR destination profile DIR -q, --quiet don't print status messages to stdout -i, --ink-recover Try to recover painter ink2 presets -p, --painter Process painter only mixbrush presets to new format
PS: make sure that the dynamics and presets folders do exist in your destination.
NOT BUGS or known bugs
Following issues are not bugs:
- Scale parameter is not converted
- - it can not be done. It needs brush size and that I have no access to in this script.
Following issues are known bugs:
- Some cases guessing the appropriate icon for he preset does not work.
- - Solution is to hardcode stock ids for some items but I havent done it yet.